Just click on pics to make them bigger!

.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Remodeling.

Yes I know what you're thinking. "How many times is she going to redo her room?" Well when you're in it every single day, you start to get bored. Since my birthday was coming up, I knew exactly what I was going to ask dad for. He said yes, but gave me a limit.
(Little did he know that we would exceed his limit by hundreds). It was a 3 week process with the shopping for furniture at IKEA, picking paint, building an entire wall, putting the furniture together, and then finally setting everything up. The 2nd week of doing this, I ended up with mono. Even though I felt AWFUL, I was out of school and I had shopping to do. The shopping was a ton of fun. Actually buying it was the hard part.
Seeing all that money go was pretty tough. Especially for dad.




Part 2 was building the wall. In one of our hotels at Disney, they had this cut out above the bed about 4 inches out from the wall. It was so convenient to set my phone, and other things on. So when dad said he thought he could build one, I had to have it! Dad called over Scott to help with all the manly work...



(priming......)


Like I said, I was really sick.


Priming my turquoise walls for my soft yellow paint took 3 days.
Then actually painting took about 2. YUCK!


Look how handy they are! Isn't it cool?!


My sweet fan.


Let me just tell you, putting furniture together is a hole lot harder than you would think. The 75 bolts, nuts, & screws that come with it really start to get on your nerves.



ARE YOU JEALOUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment